Makeup is something very essential when you want to step out looking your best. Whether you use makeup frequently or not, you will need the right brushes to get the best out of your make up. Just like you pay attention to the products and the brands, you need to pay attention to the brushes as well. These brushes have to be cleaned after every use, to get the best out of them. Wondering how to clean your makeup brushes? Here are a few tips:
How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes
Here are a few steps you can follow to clean those dirty brushes, easily:
- Lay out all the used or dirty makeup brushes that need to be cleaned. Use a tray or a bowl that is big enough to fit in all the brushes and deep enough to hold some water.
- Now pour some warm water over those brushes and let it sit for a while. This warm water will loosen up the dried up makeup materials and make it easier to clean. Ensure you don’t use hot water, as it can damage the bristles.
- Pour in a little of the cleaning product, into the tray with the soaked brushes. Using a mild shampoo is a good idea as it is readily available, is not harsh and will leave your brushes with a smell that you like.
- Now mix up the product in the water to ensure all the brushes are coated in the product. If the product is not seeping through the bristles, due to a lack of space in the dish, take the brush in your hand and lather up gently.
- Swirl the brushes in your palm gently and do not rub or squeeze them to get the product to lather more. Too much pressure on the bristles may cause damage and cause them to wither.
- Once the brushes are lathered up well, gently squeeze out the product till you see the makeup residue dripping away. You will see the coloured foundation and lip colours drip away as you squeeze out the bristles.
- Change the water in the dish and wash the brushes in the clean water. Swirl the brushes to and fro if necessary, to get rid of the shampoo. You can also wash the brushes under running water. Ensure the speed of the water is not too fast as it can damage the brushes.
- When you learn how to clean up your makeup brushes, you will also learn that some brushes will require a round 2 of cleaning up. So take those brushes with stubborn product still stuck to it, and repeat the process.
Always keep the used brushes away from the fresh ones as you don’t want the products from the used brushes to stick on to the fresh brushes. It not only increases you work load, but repeated cleaning can also reduce the life of the brush.
Now that you know how to clean your makeup brushes, ensure they are kept clean and enjoy their wonderful work on your face.