Winter – the best time of the year for those who love to wrap themselves in those thick jackets and boots. However, it is not a weather preferred by many. Why? Skin problems! Winter is a season where you skin gets parched and dry due to the chill winds and drop in the temperature. If you are dreading the winter due to skin related issues, you need to have a few face masks for winter, handy.
Here is a list of the best winter face masks that can be whipped up in your own home, in no time:
Honey – This yummy golden liquid can do wonders to your dry skin. Add it to your face mask for winter and see immediate results.
Honey And Milk
- Take half a glass of raw milk and stir in couple of table spoons of honey
- Massage this smooth paste on your face and neck for about five minutes
- Let it stay for another twenty minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water for a glowing and well nourished face.
Honey, Avocado And Egg
All three ingredients are known for their moisturizing properties.
- Blend 2 table spoons of freshly pitted avocado flesh, with two table spoons of honey and a table spoon of egg yolk
- Apply this smooth paste on your face and neck evenly and let it sit for about 45 minutes
- Wash it off with plain water and enjoy a highly nourished skin with fewer blemishes.
This healthy breakfast cereal can do more than just help you load up on fibre.
- Mix equal portions of oatmeal with honey and yogurt.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face and neck, and let it sit for about half an hour
- Rinse it off with warm water for a refreshed and smoother face
- For best results, use this mask twice a week.
Love your fruits? Here are some yummy face masks that can be made with some of your favorite fruits
This amazing fruit hydrates your skin from the inside and beats all the dryness caused due to cold weather.
- Mash half a ripe banana and mix with a table spoon each of yogurt and honey
- Apply it on your face and let it stay for a good 20 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water, for that smooth, young looking, well moisturized face.
This face mask for winter made out of the sweet smelling tasty fruit can help in getting rid of redness that is caused due to exposure to very cold temperatures.
- Blend a handful of juicy strawberries with a table spoon of honey and two table spoons of lemon juice
- Spread the smooth paste, evenly all over your face and neck
- Wash it off after 20 minutes for a nourished skin.
Apart from the DIY face mask for winter, you need to ensure your skin is always hydrated when you step out in the cold. When your face is hit by cold winds, you feel numb and don’t realize the damage cased until it’s too late. Always use a good moisturizer every time you step out and especially after every wash.