A perfect foundation, a rub of rouge, a slight touch of eye shadow below the brows, the curl of the mascara and the fine glossy finish to the supple lips completes your idea of a winner makeup! However, it is only after you are back home you realize that the fascination was temporary and that you need to go back to looking like yourself. After all, every girl is most comfortable with a natural face, dressed in a faded top and pyjamas and, sleeping.
“How to remove makeup effectively” is every makeup loving girl’s never ending query that returns to haunt her at the end of each day. So, here are some quick tips on how to remove makeup naturally and effectively.
- How to remove makeup naturally
At the end of the day, no matter how well a flawless makeup enhances your persona, it has to be weaned off before you hit the bed. If the makeup is not removed effectively, it may lead to clogging of pores in the skin. Acnes, blemishes and dark circles under the eyes and skin infections follow suit.
Myriad makeup removers and cleansing milk potions are available in the market. However, you are always left with a doubt about whether your cleansing milk contains the right pH balance that is suitable for your skin.
A healthy skin has a normal acidic pH value of 4.0 to 5.5. Any variation in acidic or alkaline nature of your cleansing milk can lead to deterioration of moisture levels in your skin. To preserve the acid mantle, the thin protective layer on the skin, one must always check for the pH values in the cleansing milk. The acid mantle is responsible for protecting the skin from bacteria, dirt, infections and maintains the pH balance in the skin. So, let’s go through some natural tips and tricks on how to remove makeup completely.
- One of the natural cleansing agents is milk. Just dip a cotton ball in some milk and wipe your face with it. Later, wash your face with lukewarm water to remove the makeup.
- For taking off heavier makeup, you may use natural oils like castor, olive and jojoba. Again, dip a cotton ball in any of the oils and wipe your face with it gently. Now, wet a soft cotton cloth and, wipe off the face again. If your skin is dry, oil based makeup remover works better.
- You can also prepare a homemade makeup cleanser by mixing a spoon of honey, yogurt and lime juice, each. This is most effective when followed by a gel or an alcohol based face wash and, is best suited for oily skins and combination types. If you have only yogurt, follow the same procedure. Follow it with splashing your face with cold water.
- Even a cold cream comes handy when you remove your makeup. Apply some cold cream on your face and leave it for about four minutes. And then, dip a sponge or a cotton cloth in water and wipe your face.
- Another instant DIY cleanser is blending cucumber pulp and, applying on the face with some milk or oil. Washing it after a couple of minutes gives a natural glowing skin. Endowed with anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties, this natural makeup cleanser is effective for removing both light and heavy makeup. A combination of honey and baking soda also adds on to the list of effective and natural makeup cleaners.
Always remember to use cold or lukewarm water when washing the face after a long day. Rest assured you will feel peaceful and light when going to sleep.