Face masks are a great saviour for tired looking skin. Using a face mask on a regular basis can ensure your skin is always fresh and glowing. Though the face masks available across the counter save you a lot of time, you never know what goes into them. Homemade face mask can be customised according to your needs and can be whipped up at any time.
Homemade face mask can be made using the ingredients that are easily available around the house. Here are some of the easy to make homemade face masks:
Avocado & Honey
Two tasty ingredients can keep dry skin at bay.
• Mash half a ripe avocado till it is smooth and creamy in consistency.
• To this, add just half a teaspoon of coconut oil and 2 table spoons if honey.
• Mix them well to ensure the oil and honey are well blended with the avocado
• Apply it on your face and wipe clean with a damp cloth after 15 minutes.
Your favourite breakfast can control breakouts.
• Take a cup of oatmeal and slowly stir in water slowly till the oatmeal absorbs the water and plumps up.
• Now add a table spoon of honey and a table spoon or two of yogurt to the soaked oatmeal.
• Make a smooth paste with the help of a blender.
• Apply this paste to your face and any other parts of the body with eczema. Wash your face with warm water after 10 minutes while the pack can stay a little longer on rest of your body.
Papaya To The rescue
Is your skin looking tired and showing signs of aging? This has to be taken care of immediately. The antioxidants in papaya will help get rid of old and dry skin for a healthier glowing skin.
• Peel, deseed and slice half a papaya and put it through the blender till it is mashed evenly.
• Now, add half a teaspoon of honey and a quarter teaspoon of lime juice and blend them by hand.
• Apply it all over your face, taking care you avoid the eyes area.
• Rinse your face after 15 minutes for a glowing skin.
Coffee can do you more good than just wake you up in the morning or give you that much needed spurt of energy in the middle of a long day. The caffeine in the coffee grounds help in reducing puffiness and swelling and also slows down the aging of your skin.
• Blend in 2 tablespoons of coffee that is freshly ground, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, with a table spoon of honey and 3 table spoons of yogurt.
• Once it is blended into a smooth paste, apply it on your face.
• After 10 minutes, wet your face a little and massage it to let the coffee grains exfoliate your skin.
• Rinse off with water and pat dry.
You can use this homemade face mask for other parts of your body as well, like your elbows and knees to get rid of dry skin.