Love those thick lush eyebrows you see on your favourite TV stars or those models? Not everyone are blessed with naturally thick eyebrows, many have to put in some effort and time to get those perfectly arched eyebrows that highlights your eyes.
Eyebrows offer the visual angle to your face. Thin, scanty brows not only look out of place, but will also nullify all your makeup efforts by making your face look, well, surprised! Thinking of using an eyebrow pencil? Many of us would have spent hours watching videos on how to fill your eyebrows. So, how to fill your eyebrows without it looking over the top or too obvious? Here are a few tips and tricks to help you.
How To Fill Your Eyebrows Using A Pencil
- Wash your face or at least clean up your brows well, to ensure the brows are clear of any product or grime.
- Choose the right shade of eyebrow pencil. Always choose a pencil that matches your natural eyebrow colour. Check the roots and match your pencil to it.
- Brush your eyebrows using a good eyebrow brush or comb. This enables you to check for any gaps and also allows you to identify the sparse areas that need more attention while filling in.
- Now fill in the gaps carefully. Use short, light strokes that match the length of your eyebrows. Fill more around the roots and lesser as you move away from the roots. You want the brows to look as natural as possible and natural brows are thick only around the roots.
- Follow the shape of your brow as you fill it. Fill as little as possible at the arch or head of the brow, this will make it look more natural.
- As you move towards the end of your eyebrow, extend the tail with short strokes. This makes your brows look long and shapely. Ensure you don’t extend too much or else you will be left with just pencil lines extending much beyond your natural eyebrow.
- Once you are done, check again for any spots that you may have missed. When you are satisfied, run a spoolie brush through your brows, angling it outwards.
- Now apply the rest of your makeup, taking care you don’t get any product on your freshly filled in eyebrows, as this may smudge the pencil work and require you to start from scratch.
How To Fill Your Eyebrows Using Powder
- When you want to fill in your eyebrows, using an eyebrow pencil definitely saves time and is also less complicated. However, using powder to fill in your eyebrows can give you a more natural look.
- Choose the right shade of eye shadow. You may require more than one colour to give your brows the natural dark and light tones.
- With the help of an angles brow brush, start applying the shadow to the sparse areas.
- Once you are done, clean up the excess powder and use a creamy concealer under your eyebrows to finish the look.
You can also use brow gels or wax pencils to tame the stray hairs. This will ensure your eyebrows look neat and in place.